To deliver a basic introduction understanding of the Joomla Content Management System Framework to allow for every day edits of content and basic customisation.
- What is a Website?
- Brief overview of how the Internet works.
- What is Joomla?
- Tour of the Joomla interface
- Planning your website
- Articles within Joomla, their use and where they can be used
- Text formatting
- Inserting images
- Organising your website content
Creating Links to Your Content
- Review of menus and how they work with articles.
- Create new menu items and drop down menus within your site
- Review common menu types and their practical use within your website
Administration & Security
- What are users?
- Managing users and access to your website
- Review the different permission levels for content
- Change display options
- Website offline options
- Review of the template
- A look at the positions available to use within your current template
- Using modules for content
- Extension manager and 3rd party add-ons & templates
- Enhancing Joomla with extensions
- Making minor template changes
- Overview adjusting template style and appearance with CSS editors & HTML.