We all have mental health, just as we all have physical health. Mental ill health can strike at any time and can affect people from all walks of life.
Although things are improving, stigma still exists around mental ill health. As a society, we don't tend to know how to take care of our mental health like we do our physical health.
Our friends over at Body & Mind Reboot provide Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training - An internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
The course won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening. You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health, and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe.
2 Day MHFA First Aid Course - Price £300 per delegate
The Adult MHFA Two Day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s well-being, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a combination.
This course is ideal for those who want a thorough grounding in mental health first aid, who want the confidence of having studied the topic in greater depth than the one-day course, and who want to have more time to put the skills taught into practical scenarios.